December 12, 2008

Washington DC in the late 90s and early 2000s



When music in Washington DC comes to mind, I immediately think of two bands: The Dismemberment Plan and Q And Not U. Both of these bands released 3 albums that were very similar: the first energetic and impulsive, the second more refined and catchy, and the third more mature and contemplative. The difference is that the D-Plan did it all about 2 years in advance of Q And Not U, who were not as popular and I personally don't like as much.

Since the discographies of the two bands are very similar, I'll post my favorites of each of the 3 sets of albums in order:

Q And Not U- No Kill, No Beep Beep (2000)



Download (rapidshare)

The Dismemberment Plan - Emergency & I (1999)



Download (mediafire)

The Dismemberment Plan - Change (2001)



Download (rapidshare)

Out of all of these, Emergency & I is definitely my favorite. It got 9.6 Pitchforks, and it has a place very close and near to my heart.
The end.

No comments: